Friday 8 June 2012

Follow up to 'Exciting Macro Event'


 
So yeah I went and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. Actually I enjoyed it a lot. I didn't get as much technical knowledge directed at me as I would have liked, but I did get to photograph some amazing little critters in a professional studio. I was able to request to take photos of specific animals from the long list of what was on offer:

Current Species List

Harvest Mice
Gargoyle Gecko
Leopard Gecko
Arabian Sand Gecko
New Caledonian Crested Gecko
Yemen/Veiled Chameleon
Panther Chameleon
Tiger Leg Frog
Whites tree frogs
Peacock Tree Frog
European Fire Bellied Toads
Asian Fire Bellied Toads
American Green Tree Frog
Argentinian Ornate Horned Frog
White Lipped Tree Frog
Macleay's Spectre Stick Insect/ Spiny Leaf Insect
Katydid
Flower Mantis
Springbok Mantis
Species only available for one to one sessions
Sugar Gliders
Red Eye Green Tree Frog
Royal Python
Short Tailed Opossum
Sugar Glider [Click image for larger view]
As you can see the Sugar Glider comes under the category of 'Species only available for one to one sessions' but I managed to twist the organizers arm into letting me see the beautiful little balls of fluff and even got to snap a few quick shots before they got too feisty and had to be put back in their fleecy pouches and carted off to bed >.< for you see Sugar Gliders are nocturnal creatures.

I wont clutter this post with all my best photos from the day but I will link to where you can view them all on Flickr. 

To see more photos from the day click here
-
Photo prints are available on request, just email me by clicking here

0 comments:

Post a Comment